Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Wind is Howling, But it Doesn't Stop the Anglers on Lake of the Woods

Good afternoon to all!

Welcome to another addition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Today we have an overcast sky and about 40 mph winds, but it isn’t stopping your diehard fisherman/women. The boats are still on the lake and they are still catching fish…not the little ones either…I’m talking 28” and up. I just wish that I was able to participate in catching some of those monster walleyes.

Daily Fishing Report: Things have yet to change from the past few days, but there is another place that is beginning to warm up and that is by Morris Point. My sources are still fishing with 3/8 oz & ½ oz Chartreuse, Pink and Orange jigs and a majority of them are using the frozen emerald shiners. Some people are starting to catch some nice fish in 5 to 8 foot of water near the shores. While the others are still milking Four Mile Bay and Lighthouse Gap for everything she’s got and there is no end in sight. Those people are still fishing in 12 to 18 foot of water using the same lures and bait as my buddies fishing over by Morris Point. There are some nice Walleyes coming out of the lake…I would have to say that a majority of them are in the slot that must be thrown back, 19 ½” to 28”. If you have yet to get out this year and fish Lake of the Woods, don’t waist anymore time thinking about it, just like Bo Jackson & Nike used to say “JUST DO IT”!!!!

I know that I have mentioned this in the past, but if you are the person that is in charge of putting together your group fishing trips, please give me a call and I want to offer you a deal “that you can’t refuse”. We want as many people as humanly possible to experience the Wigwam Resort this summer/fall/winter/spring…we are very confident that after your stay with us you won’t want to try some place different next year. Our goal is to make new friends everyday…I can’t wait to meet and make many new friends everyday as the years pass.

Also, don’t forget about this weekend at the Wigwam Resort, we are hosting the Spring North Star Classic Walleye Fishing Tournament, and we also have one of the area’s top bands playing on Friday and Saturday night “Poor Boys”. Last week they rocked the house, so we can only expect the same from them this weekend. I look forward to meeting a ton of new people this weekend and I hope to see you all there!

My shout out today will go to Clayton Keister and Jerry Riege, both of the Twin Cities. These gentlemen are guests with us at the Wigwam Resort this week and wanted to thank them both for staying with us while they fished our wonderful fishery, Lake of the Woods. I hope all your expectations were exceeded during your stay with us and I look forward to serving you on your next vacation to Lake of the Woods.

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment