Monday, May 18, 2009

Every Sunday brings Us a New Start to a New Week

Good afternoon to all!

I wanted to start off this edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog with a few thank yous. First off I would like to thank Kevin Olmstead and his team for putting on another successful Spring North Star Classic Walleye Tournament this past weekend…everyone had a blast (even in the cold and rain) and we are already looking forward to next years Spring Classic. Next I would like to thank all our first time guests that we had the pleasure of serving this past week & weekend. We are here to make sure that you have an excellent experience and I hope that all of your expectations were exceeded. The final thank you goes to Poor Boys…you guys rock and put on another great show!

Daily Fishing Report: The weather today was excellent in the morning, but started getting a little breezy this afternoon, nothing like this weekend though. Weather conditions look great for tomorrow…mostly sunny with a high of 60 Degrees…East winds 10 to 20 mph…this should be perfect conditions for some great fishing on our side of Lake of the Woods. My sources are telling me that the heavier jigs are doing the trick (½ oz to 1 oz)…the fish are on the bottom so you have to get there. I personally use a 3/8 oz jig, which does the trick for me. The colors that have been working are Chartreuse and Orange or even the combination of both…the bait of choice is still the frozen emerald shiners or live fat head and rainbow minnows. We are having the best success catching fish from 12 to 18 feet of water. We are fishing in Morris Bay and Four Mile Bay (right in front of the Wigwam) and having excellent success. I hope this will give everyone the right ammo to have a great day of fishing on Lake of the Woods! Hope to see you all on the lake!

I will mentioned this everyday…if you are the person that is in charge of putting together your group fishing trips, please give me a call and I want to offer you a deal “that you can’t refuse”. We want as many people as humanly possible to experience the Wigwam Resort this summer/fall/winter/spring…we are very confident that after your stay with us you won’t want to try some place different next year. Our goal is to make new friends everyday…I can’t wait to meet and make many new friends everyday as the years pass. Also, we have a great May Midweek Special running right now, which is, $30.00 per person per night for lodging only or $100.00 per person for one guided launch trip and one night lodging. Don’t miss out these deals won’t last past the end of this month. Keep reading to see what the June Midweek Special will be…I promise it will be worth it. If you are the putting together your friends Bachelor or Bachelorette Party…don’t hesitate to give me a call…we would love to help you make sure that your friends Bachelor or Bachelorette experience is a memorable one…in a good way!

My shout out today will go to Dan Janish of East Grand Forks, MN and Mark and Jane Collins of the Cedar Rapids, IA area. Thank you all for the opportunity to server you at the Wigwam Resort. Dan has been a long time patron of the Wigwam Resort and I want to thank you for your loyalty. Mark and Jane flew up to visit us at the Wigwam Resort for the first time and I wanted to thank them for the opportunity to show them a little bit of our northern Minnesota hospitality. I hope your expectations were exceeded and you come back to visit us very soon. From all of us at the Wigwam Resort we want to thank you for making the Wigwam Resort your vacation destination. We want to strive to exceed expectations and I hope that is exactly what we did for each of you…thanks again and we are looking forward to do the same when you return!

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment