Friday, May 22, 2009

Slow Start to the Day, but We Expect a Great Finish!!!!

Good afternoon to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Today we don’t have the 60 Degree weather we were expecting, but the word on the street is, that by the end of the day we might just hit it! Poor Boys are back in town tonight for another two night rock fest…if you have yet to hear them and are on the fence…get of now and get over here. They are always entertaining and keep the masses coming back time and time…for that I thank them. Yesterday I went out fishing with one of our ice fishing guides, Jake Magness from Fargo, ND. We were out on the lake from 6 pm to 8 pm and limited out…I love it when that happens. I just wanted to thank Jake for being a great fishing companion. I hope that we can do it again very soon.

Daily Fishing Report: The weather today was a little less appealing than expected, but that didn’t stop Bill Zumbek (one of our guests) and his crew from going out. Bill and his crew went out this morning and caught some nice fish, but they stated that the Walleyes aren’t biting hard…they concluded, because of the low pressure that just moved in the Walleye’s aren’t biting aggressively. Tomorrows tentative forecast looks like this, sunny with a high of 60, winds from the northwest 5 to 10 mph…we are supposed to start get some warmer temperatures (lets all cross our fingers though), which should carry into Sunday, but there is a chance of rain on Memorial Day this coming Monday. I know that I was going to inform you all about my success last night so here we go. I was catching fish in Four Mile Bay and in Lighthouse Gap on Orange/Chartreuse/Gold jigs with frozen shiners…my fishing partner was catching them on a White jig with frozen shiners. He also tried a 3 way swivel with a 1 oz weight, 3 foot line and a White/Chartreuse spinner with a frozen emerald shiner. Everything that we tried worked. We also tried to pull some Shad Rap’s while trolling, but we weren’t seeing the same success that we were while jigging…so I can’t recommend that just quite yet. We were having the best success catching fish from 12 to 18 feet of water, but later on I was marking some fish with my trusty fish finder at about 8 to 10 feet. FYI - I have also heard that Morris Bay is producing some nice Walleyes…I guess that is some food for thought.

I will mentioned this everyday…if you are the person that is in charge of putting together your group fishing trips, please give me a call and I want to offer you a deal “that you can’t refuse”. We want as many people as humanly possible to experience the Wigwam Resort this summer/fall/winter/spring…we are very confident that after your stay with us you won’t want to try some place different next year. Our goal is to make new friends everyday…I can’t wait to meet and make many new friends everyday as the years pass. Also, we have a great May Midweek Special running right now, which is, $30.00 per person per night for lodging only or $100.00 per person for one guided launch trip and one night lodging. Don’t miss out on these deals…they won’t last past the end of this month. For next month I am thinking about putting together a Parent/Kid discount…we need to get the kids off the X-Boxes and the Sony Play Stations. Don’t get me wrong…I love technology as much as the next blogger, but I think back to my childhood and I am who I am because of what I experienced. The outdoors shape lives and I need YOUR help to get our next generation of fishermen/women involved.

My shout out today will go to the Catch of the Day Winner “Bill Zumbek” of Elgin, IL. Bill is up with his brother and buddy (Dave Blazak). Bill is a longtime patron of the Wigwam and I wanted to thank him for his loyalty and business. Bill made a great comment that I would like to share…he said, “people from Chicago think I’m crazy to drive the 10 hours to Lake of the Woods, but I always tell them, who’s catching the fish”. I think that says it all!!!!

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment