Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Weather Roller Coaster Continues as the Opener Approaches

Good morning to all!

Are we on a weather roller coaster or what? That is the question I asked myself this morning as I looked out the window to see storm clouds rolling overhead. Yesterday was 65 and beautiful…today it is cloudy and 45, I will be praying for better weather for us all over the weekend, but per the current Google weather report, we unfortunately will be seeing some of the same weather we are having today, minus the rain (cloudy/partly cloudy in the mid 50’s). We all can only hope that the meteorologists are wrong (as they most of the time are) and we might be lucky enough to see some nicer weather.

We are 2 days out from the opener of Walleye fishing season and I can’t even sleep at night I’m so excited. I must have popped up twenty times last night dreaming of setting the hook on some monster Walleye…I don’t know what else to say, I am pumped up! I for one don’t care about the weather, rain or shine; I will be out and on a mission to land myself a monster Walleye this weekend. I hope to have some good pictures, and maybe even some video for all to enjoy.

As we all are counting down the seconds to the opener, there are still some avid Sturgeon fisherman/women still looking to fill their tags. The Wigwam Resort had the pleasure of catering to two special guests the past few days. I can’t report that they caught the keeper that they were looking for, but they had one heck of a time fishing for one. It was my pleasure meeting Dave Quiser and Joan Pedolsky, both of Cook, MN. I hope to see them back in the very near future, again it was my pleasure. Joan was able to catch and land her first Sturgeon, after that she had a permanent grin that has yet to go away…Congratulations Joan, I hope there are many more to come.

Remember starting this Monday, May 11, 2009 I will be giving everyone daily fishing reports on Lake of the Woods through our website at www.wigwamresortlow.com. I will be gathering information from our guides, guests and local talent, to pass onto you, my readers. On a personal note, I hope to get out everyday this summer to be able to give you first hand information, I don’t just want to be the reporter...I want to also be the source of the information. I want to give you first hand reports and pictures of my successes on Lake of the Woods on a daily basis. One of my readers made a comment to me that said; “you are going to give away to much information”. Well once again, I want all my readers to be happy with their own experiences with Lake of the Woods, and to me that means being able to catch fish and not have to waste time chasing them around…I am still a believer in presentation though.

My shout out today will go to Dave Quiser and Joan Pedolsky. I’m very happy that you both had a great time while staying with us at the Wigwam Resort. I look forward to seeing you both in the very near future, and best of luck fishing for those elusive monster Northern Pike this summer. I hope to have a couple “honey holes” picked out for you when you guys return. Best wishes and happy fishing!

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment