Friday, May 8, 2009

Less than 24 Hours Till the Minnesota Fishing Opener...YES!!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Well I am counting down the seconds till the opener tomorrow morning, how about you? This is probably the single most exciting time of the year for me, especially this year, since it is the first time that I can call Minnesota home in over 15 years. I have made plenty of fishing trips back this way to Lake of the Woods, but this just feels different, and I love the feeling. I can confidently say again, Minnesota is my home…I just like the sound of that.

On the daily fishing report front, make sure that you have your anchor, jigs, shiners and fat head minnows…those are going to be your golden ticket items for the opening weekend here on Lake of the Woods. You are going to want to be fishing from the weed beds to no more than 15’ of water in Rainy River, Four Mile Bay and the Gap. If you do this, you will have an above average change of catching the keeper Walleyes this weekend and most likely through Memorial Day on Lake of the Woods. Also, don’t forget to bring warm cloths…it is supposed to be only in the 50’s this weekend so dress appropriately. Be sure to catch my blog and the Wigwam Resorts Daily Fishing Report at http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/ on a daily basis, because I will be giving you all the information you will need to be successful the next time you fish Lake of the Woods.

I wanted to make a couple announcements about up coming events at the Wigwam Resort. Starting tonight at 9 PM, the band “Poor Boys” will be starting a 3 weekend stay at the Wigwam to perform. On May 15, the Wigwam will be hosting the Spring Fishing Classic Tournament, which will run May 15th & 16th. On July 17th & 18th we will be hosting another annual Beach Bash at the Wigwam Resort. For information on any upcoming event, please don’t hesitate to call our office at (800) 448-9260 to speak with a knowledgeable staff member that can answer all of your questions. Call today and book your vacation to our little northern Minnesota paradise. Remember it is Paradise without the Passport this year, at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

I know that I have stated this in the past, but if you’re the guy or gal that puts together your groups fishing trips, you will be doing yourself a disservice by not giving me a call and letting me fill you in on the deals that I will be offering. Once again “I will give you an offer you can’t refuse”. If you can’t get time to phone me up, just shoot me an e-mail and I will fill you in (jp@wigwamresortlow.com).

My shout out today will go to my buddy Casey Harris out in Port Huron, MI. Casey and his wife Carrie, just put the stem on the apple for the first time, and I wanted to congratulate them on the arrival of their 4th child, Sam Edward Harris. Casey & Carrie Harris are the owner/operators of two very successful businesses in Port Huron, The Hill Estates Bed & Breakfast and Casey’s Pizza. I wish you two the best of luck and can’t wait to see you again in the very near future. The picture is Casey and I from our Penguins Alumni game we just played in April.

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment