Thursday, May 14, 2009

Was That Snow on the Ground This Morning? Are We Still Fishing Today? YES!!!!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. I would like to start out this morning by saying, I can’t believe it is May and we saw snow flakes last night. The only thing this might have been good for is the dandelions and mosquitoes…hopefully we eliminated a large amount of both. That’s only wishful thinking though. Well we are only 1 day away from the Spring North Star Classic Fishing Tourney and the Wigwam is starting to fill to the brim with anxious anglers, whom all are chomping at the bit to get out on Lake of the Woods to catch some of those monster Walleyes that they are hearing so many people talk about. It’s not looking like the weather conditions will be ideal, but that won’t stop these diehard anglers from competing in the tourney. I just want to wish every competitor the best of luck during the two day tournament…now lets get fishing!

Daily Fishing Report: Today’s weather is the only real difference in the fishing report from the past few days. Our conditions are currently overcast sky, 40 Degrees with scattered showers and 30 mph winds…not perfect fishing conditions, even for our 27’ launches, but the good thing is that the anglers are prepared for the nasty weather. Morris Point is starting to heat up…my sources are still fishing with 3/8 oz & ½ oz Chartreuse, Pink and Orange jigs and a majority of them are using the frozen emerald shiners and live fat head and rainbow minnows. Some people are starting to catch some nice fish in 5 to 8 foot of water near the shores, where they are out of the wind and just a tad bit warmer. The rest of the fisherman/women are continually catching fish in Four Mile Bay and Lighthouse Gap. The people in the bay and gap are still fishing in 12 to 18 foot of water using the same lures and bait as my buddies fishing over by Morris Point. There are some nice Walleyes coming out of the lake…I would have to say that a majority of them are still in the slot that must be thrown back, 19 ½” to 28”.

I know that I have mentioned this in the past, but if you are the person that is in charge of putting together your group fishing trips, please give me a call and I want to offer you a deal “that you can’t refuse”. We want as many people as humanly possible to experience the Wigwam Resort this summer/fall/winter/spring…we are very confident that after your stay with us you won’t want to try some place different next year. Our goal is to make new friends everyday…I can’t wait to meet and make many new friends everyday as the years pass.

Also, don’t forget about this weekend at the Wigwam Resort, we are hosting the Spring North Star Classic Walleye Fishing Tournament, and we also have one of the area’s top bands playing on Friday and Saturday night “Poor Boys”. Last week they rocked the house, so we can only expect the same from them this weekend. I look forward to meeting a ton of new people this weekend and I hope to see you all there!

My shout out today will go to all my new friends visiting the Wigwam Resort from Lincoln Nebraska. I wanted to wish them luck today on the launch…I hope you have a great time and your able to catch your limit in Walleye. I hope that you will visit us again at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods for years to come.

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment