Monday, May 11, 2009

Opening Weekend a Success for Lake of the Woods!!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another addition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. We had a ton of fun at the Wigwam Resort this weekend, and if you weren’t able to attend, all I have to say is, I’m sorry that you missed out. We had arguably the best fishing I have seen on Lake of the Woods for an opener in my 34 years of existence, and one of the areas top bands “Poor Boys” was here to ROCK THE HOUSE, which they most certainly did! Poor Boys will be playing here for the next two weekends (May 15th & 16th, May 22nd & 23rd), so if you missed them this past weekend, don’t miss them again. Also, this coming weekend we have the Spring Classic Fishing Tourney at the Wigwam Resort, which should have the place filled to the brim…I love it…the more the merrier. I just wanted to thank all of our guests for visiting us over the weekend and I hope to see you all back very soon.

Daily Fishing Report: The weekend brought a lot of success and bunches of fun for many an angler on Lake of the Woods and Rainy River. I was able to see first hand a few nice Walleyes and Northern Pike over the weekend and it made me want to never leave the lake. People are “catching” Walleye in Rainy River, Four Mile Bay and Lighthouse Gap. The lure of choice is still the Chartreuse, Pink or Orange/Gold 3/8 oz & 1/2 oz Jigs (all which I personally used and was successful with this weekend). For the bait, I personally used frozen emerald shiners, but I have heard people saying that they are also using, fat head minnows and rainbows with the same success. The depth of water you want to be in will range from 14’ to 20’ and the water temperature was hovering right around 49 – 50 Degrees Fahrenheit. I hope this information serves all my angling buddies well!

I wanted to use this addition to also talk about the May 2009 Weekday Specials (Sunday – Thursday) that we are offering right now at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods. First, we have dropped our price for lodging to $30/per person per night, which is a 33% savings. Secondly, we have an offer for lodging and a fishing launch trip that is out of this world. We are offering 1 night lodging and 1 day of fishing with our experienced guides (Tom Briggs (owner of the Wigwam), Billy Kloos and Kevin Olmstead)…all of whom have over 30 years each of guiding experience, for the basement bottom price of just $100 per person. If you don’t have the big boat, or just don’t want the hassle of brining your boat to Lake of the Woods, let us be your experienced guide. My personal thought is, WOW, what an opportunity to fish with the owner of the Wigwam Resort…Tom will have you coming back year after year!

My shout out today will go to all my buddies that want to come up and visit me at the Wigwam Resort. What are you waiting for!!!! I know I talked a big game about Lake of the Woods, but now the proof is in the putting/“pictures”…get up here so you can experience it first hand…you won’t leave for home disappointed…that I can promise.

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment