Thursday, May 21, 2009

What a Day on Lake of the Woods!!!!

Good afternoon to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Today we have a brilliant blue sky and very little wind…what a great day to be fishing! We have yet to get a picture for the catch of the day so I just thought after I was done writing the blog I would head out and catch a monster with one of our winter guides Jake Magness. I hope I will have it downloaded on our website tonight still…if not, it will be up there tomorrow morning bright and early.

Daily Fishing Report: The weather is phenomenal, just like in the story of the 3 bears…it’s not to breezy, it’s not to calm, it’s just right! We are supposed to get some warmer temperatures that will carry into this weekend and Memorial Day this coming Monday. Today we had a high of 60…tomorrow should be 65 and by this weekend we might just break 70…YES!!!! My sources are telling me that the 3/8 oz and ½ oz jigs are still doing the trick…remember the fish are still on the bottom. The colors that have been working are Chartreuse and Orange or even the combination of both, you may even want to try a little Orange/Chartreuse/Gold…the bait of choice is still the frozen emerald shiners. I did get some other information, but before I give that out I will try it for myself tonight and give it to you first hand tomorrow (trolling with shad rap’s). We are having the best success catching fish from 12 to 18 feet of water. We are fishing in Morris Bay and Four Mile Bay (right in front of the Wigwam) and having excellent success. When fishing with the shad rap’s we will be fishing in 5 to 8 feet of water and trolling. Again, I will give you the skinny on that tomorrow. I can’t wait to get out there right now…I am like a kid in a candy store…I’m sooooooooooooo pumped.

I will mentioned this everyday…if you are the person that is in charge of putting together your group fishing trips, please give me a call and I want to offer you a deal “that you can’t refuse”. We want as many people as humanly possible to experience the Wigwam Resort this summer/fall/winter/spring…we are very confident that after your stay with us you won’t want to try some place different next year. Our goal is to make new friends everyday…I can’t wait to meet and make many new friends everyday as the years pass. Also, we have a great May Midweek Special running right now, which is, $30.00 per person per night for lodging only or $100.00 per person for one guided launch trip and one night lodging. Don’t miss out on these deals…they won’t last past the end of this month. For next month I am thinking about putting together a Parent/Kid discount…we need to get the kids off the X-Boxes and the Sony Play Stations. Don’t get me wrong…I love technology as much as the next blogger, but I think back to my childhood and I am who I am because of what I experienced. The outdoors shape lives and I need YOUR help to get our next generation of fishermen/women involved.

My shout out today will go to a group that we had in last week from Lincoln and Omaha Nebraska, "Pitts Crew" . Jim Pittenger and his crew were a great group and I hope that the service and the fishing were equally great for them. I look forward to seeing Pitt and his crew back very soon. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you our northern Minnesota hospitality…I hope it exceeded your expectations. Take care and thank you again…I know I’m not just speaking for myself when I say, we all hope to see you back again very soon.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment