Saturday, May 23, 2009

It Doesn't Get Much Better Than This...Happy Memorial Day!

Good afternoon to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Today we have excellent weather conditions and I think all that praying I did might have paid off. This morning was a bit brisk, but I’ll tell you what, it has turned into a beautiful day. Tonight we are going to be blessed by the presence of Poor Boys again…once again they rocked the Wigwam last night and never do disappoint. Needless to say, I have been so jealous of everyone out on the lake today. I know that tomorrow I will get my opportunity to get out there, but it hurts to miss out on days like today. I hope everyone has had an amazing day on the lake and that continues on into Memorial Day! With it being Memorial Day weekend I just wanted to say Semper Fi to all our current and ex-Marines, and a great big Wigwam thank you to the balance of our armed forces and veterans.

Daily Fishing Report: The weather today has been phenomenal…sunny and 60…I will take that everyday. Tomorrows tentative forecast looks like this, sunny with a high of 68 (YES!!!!), winds from the south 5 to 10 mph…if you didn’t get the chance to get out there today, don’t miss out on tomorrow, because you won’t get this weather again for at least next 3 days. Memorial Day’s forecast looks like this…overcast with rain showers at times, high of 59 Degrees with winds out of west 10 to 20 mph with 70% chance of rain…bring your rain gear! My sources (our guides) were out on the big water today and in Zipple Bay and had some good success. They were fishing with Orange, Chartreuse and Gold jigs with frozen shiners. Some of my other sources (our guests) were having good success also…they were in Four Mile Bay and in Morris Gap fishing with the same lures and bait. Everyone was fishing in 14 to 18 feet of water…make sure your on the bottom, because that’s where the fish are at!

I will mention this everyday…if you are the person that is in charge of putting together your group fishing trips, please give me a call and I want to offer you a deal “that you can’t refuse”. Our goal is to make new friends everyday…I can’t wait to meet and make many new friends everyday as the years pass. Also, we have a great May Midweek Special running right now, which is, $30.00 per person per night for lodging only or $100.00 per person for one guided launch trip and one night lodging. There’s only one week left so don’t miss out on these deals. For next month I am thinking about putting together a Parent/Kid discount…we need to get the kids off the X-Boxes and the Sony Play Stations. Don’t get me wrong…I love technology as much as the next blogger, but I think back to my childhood and I am who I am because of what I experienced. The outdoors shape lives and I need YOUR help to get our next generation of fishermen/women involved.

My shout out today will go to the Gunnerson group…they had the distinguished opportunity of fishing with the Wigwam’s own Tom Briggs. They were most definitely put on the fish today and they loved every minute of it. Mr. Gunnerson is a longtime patron of the Wigwam Resort and I wanted to thank him personally for his loyalty throughout the years…it is greatly appreciated. Mr. Gunnerson, I hope that you and your group’s expectations were exceeded by the team at the Wigwam Resort this weekend. We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment