Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Three Days and Counting!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Well we have ourselves a beautiful day in northern Minnesota today, and I can only hope that we will have this weather through the fishing opener coming up this Saturday May 9th…I feel like a kid in a candy store. The Wigwam Resort staff is out in full force putting the final touches on all the equipment and the premises to our kick off the summer fishing season.

As far as a fishing report, today is very similar to the past few days. People are still out in front of the Wigwam Resort in Four Mile Bay, the Gap and Rainy River catching some nice Sturgeon. We have a couple guests out there right now, and I’m anxiously waiting for their return later this afternoon to get all the juicy details of their day. The ice on the big lake is dissipating rather quickly, I hope that the entire lake will be open for my friends in Warroad and the Northwest Angle, at least enough by the opener so they can get some fishing in. That is a wish though…I hope reality doesn’t hold them hostage so they miss the opener, which would be a shame.

Remember starting this Monday May 11, 2009 I will be giving everyone daily fishing reports on Lake of the Woods through our website at www.wigwamresortlow.com. I will be gathering information from our guides, guests and local talent, to pass onto you, my readers. On a personal note, I hope to get out everyday this summer to be able to give you first hand information, I don’t just want to be the reporter...I want to also be the source of the information. I want to give you first hand reports and pictures of my successes on Lake of the Woods on a daily basis. One of my readers made a comment to me, that said; “you are going to give away to much information”. Well once again, I want all my readers to be happy with their own experiences with Lake of the Woods, and to me that means being able to catch fish and not have to waste time chasing them around…I am still a believer in presentation though.

My shout out today will go to an old friend that I have recently connected with again, “Tony Fitzgerald” aka “Montana”, from Pittsburgh, PA. I hope that you and your family are doing well and I can’t wait to take you guys fishing up here in northern Minnesota on Lake of the Woods. The "Pittsburgh’s" will be going down very nicely on the boat…as nicely as they went down at the world famous “Fox Chapel Yacht Club”. Take care and can’t wait to see you in the near future.

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment