Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Sun is Back...Get Ready Fish, Here We Come!!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Well we have July 4th right around the corner and the weather is starting to turn in our favor…Yes!!!! The Wigwam Resort will be almost at capacity this weekend and its music to this General Managers ears. I’m glad to see that people are starting to take advantage of this wonderful fishery that we have at our disposal…Lake of the Woods! The July 2009 Newsletter is just going out today and it was a great experience putting it together…I’m looking forward to putting together each and everyone from here on out. The most exciting part is getting to relive the excitement that we experienced throughout the month. This month I added many monster Walleye pictures along with some great specials, so if you’re not a current subscriber to receive our monthly newsletter, SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

As we enter July 2009 and my first summer as the General Manager of the World Famous Wigwam Resort, it makes me think back at when I was a youngster and could only dream of my present status becoming reality, and it makes me want to give thanks to all of the people that have supported me through my journey along the way. There are too many people to thank in one blog (this thing could be 50 pages long), but I wanted to thank my family for making my transition back to northern Minnesota so enjoyable. I know I get to be at the lake every day, and most of the time I get to go fishing, but life in seclusion is no life at all. I wanted to thank them for the meals, great conversation, endless encouragement and most of all, just for being there when I need someone to talk to (in person). Everyone faces challenges and adversity no matter what their doing, and no one ever truly “has it easy”…it’s the people that you surround yourself with that make the difference, and since I’ve been home it has been my family. So a special thanks goes out to my Mom (Linda), Brother (Ryan) and Sister (Janelle)…thank you guys for all your help and support…I wouldn’t be where I’m at in my life if it wasn’t for you!

Daily Fishing Report: Today will be partly cloudy, high 71F with winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight will be mainly clear skies, low 53F with winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow will be mainly sunny, high 73F with winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night will be generally fair, low 51F with winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Today’s fishing report will come from our guides and me. Yesterday we had some great weather again and the fishing picked up dramatically. Anchoring and jigging with frozen shiners is still a good way to go, but trolling with hammered gold spinners and crawlers are right on our door step…I’m going to give that a try this afternoon over by the washout in front of Morris Point to see what we can pick up. Tom Briggs is heading up north to Little Oak Island and Garden Island today…Billy Kloos another one of our top guides got into some nice Walleyes up there yesterday. Graceton Reef may be another spot to keep on your radar over the 4th…we should be having some great weather, with lots of sun to warm up those rocks. At Graceton Reef I’ve been having some good success trolling and jigging with Pink and Gold Jigs with frozen emerald shiners as bait, but as I alluded to earlier, it might be time to start pulling some hammered gold spinners through there to see what we can pick up. Remember, hammered gold to Walleyes on Lake of the Woods is like candy to a toddler! Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

My shout out today will go to a group of great fishermen, and I might add gentlemen, the Ruffing Group form the Twin Cities area who just visited us for the past few days. I hope that each and every one of you had an excellent time and I wanted to personally thank you guys for choosing the Wigwam Resort to help you navigate your way around our wonderful playground…Lake of the Woods. I hope that all your expectations were exceeded while you stated with us and it was all our pleasure to have you. We are looking forward to your return, whether it is winter or summer. If I could ever be of any assistance to you for any reason, please don’t hesitate to call…it would be my pleasure to try and help. Thanks again guys…till next time.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment