Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July Weekend!!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Happy 4th of July everyone! I know I’m a day early with the “Happy 4th of July”, but tomorrow I will be out on the lake enjoying all the great fishing that I get to write about everyday…I can’t wait! Well July will be a busy month at the Wigwam Resort, with the 4th of July weekend already upon us, Beach Bash on July 18th, and Tami and the Bachelor (band) playing on July 31st and August 1st. We are going to be busy and I love it! If you’ve never experienced Beach Bash, this is the year to do it. It will be the 18th Annual Beach Bash and we are completely packed, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t come. We will be offering free camping on Saturday July 18th to make sure that people aren’t drinking and driving…please take advantage of it. For a complete list of details and times on the Beach Bash at the Wigwam Resort checkout the flyer that we posted on our website at http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/.

I hope that everyone is able to get out on the lake this weekend, no matter where ever you are at. It’s supposed to be beautiful up in God’s country (northern Minnesota) on Lake of the Woods for our national Independence Day. I plan on taking full advantage of the nice weather and do plenty of fishing…I don’t plan on leaving the boat! Hopefully I will have some pictures of my excursion to give you a visual to go along with the blog that I will write next week on my return. Last night I had the pleasure of going out fishing, and Lake of the Woods did not disappoint. I was a little worried because of the storms that we had this week, I was worried that the water would be to dirty, and it was, but there was some clean water out in front of Morris Point and I hammered the fish (Walleye and Northern Pike) by trolling with hammered gold spinners and crawlers…it was a lot of fun!

Daily Fishing Report: Today we have lots of sunshine, high 71F with winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, low around 50F with winds light and variable. Tomorrow will be generally sunny, high 74F with winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night will be mostly clear sky, low 53F with winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Sunday we will have an abundant amount of sunshine, highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s. As I stated yesterday I was going out fishing and I’ve already alluded to it earlier in my blog. Out in front of Morris Point you will catch fish, either by anchoring and jigging with frozen shiners, or by trolling with hammered gold spinners and crawlers. I was able to catch fish doing both, and not just one or two…I must have caught 35 my self…I was in and out of the live well all night. Tom Briggs is heading up north to Little Oak Island and Garden Island today…Billy Kloos and Tom yesterday hammered the Walleye and Jumbo Perch up there. They were anchored and jigging. The rest of the lake is still pretty dirty, so until that clears, which I hope is tonight, it might be a little tough out there. Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

Today I wanted to use my “Shout Out” to let people know that the Ice Fishing season is approaching, and my “Shout Out” will go to tell people that we are starting to already fill up on reservations. If you’re interested in coming to the Wigwam Resort this winter, don’t wait any longer to book your trip…DO IT TODAY! I look forward to seeing each and everyone of you here this winter.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment