Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lake of the Woods is the Place For Family Fishing and Bonding

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Yesterday I had the opportunity to take a Father and Son fishing…it was awesome. This was not a young father and not a young son…this father and son duo was here for a bonding experience of a lifetime…I hope I delivered exactly what they were expecting. I would just like to thank them personally, for giving the Wigwam Resort, and myself, the opportunity to join them on their vacation to “Gods country (Northern Minnesota)”.
By being able to accompany this father and son, it made me miss mine even more. So this is my challenge to all, if you have the opportunity to spend a day on the lake with your father, or your son, just do it (sorry Nike, I’m going to borrow that phrase today)! Cherish those moments, because each and everyday that you’re able to spend with family is very special and it gives each of us a chance to express our thanks and feelings in our own special ways. That is all I would love to do is go fishing with my Dad and I can’t…so if you are able to, don’t let another day pass…you won’t regret it!

Once again, before I go into the fishing report, I just wanted to take a second and go over all the different species of fish that we have caught this year in Lake of the Woods. I know that we are known to be the Walleye Capitol of the World, here in Baudette, MN on Lake of the Woods, but we have many different species of fish that are being caught out of Lake of the Woods that should get there day in the lime light. We have caught Monster Lake Trout, Musky, Northern Pike, Perch, Sauger, Small Mouth Bass, Sturgeon and Walleye this summer. So if you’re looking to be put on some different species of fish this summer other than Walleye, don’t hesitate to give us a call at the World Famous Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods and let us, PUT YOU ON THE FISH!!!!

Daily Fishing Report: Today we will have scattered showers and thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe, high 76F with winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph…there will be a 49% chance of rain. Tonight we will have scattered thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe; low 57F with South winds shifting to W at 10 to 20 mph…there will be a 50% chance of rain. Tomorrow we should see showers early becoming less numerous later in the day, high 68F with winds NW at 10 to 20 mph...there will be a 40% chance of rain. Tomorrow night should be cloudy with a few showers, low 56F with winds NW at 10 to 20 mph…there will be a 30% chance of rain. Again today’s fishing report will come from me and our guides (Tom Briggs, Billy Kloos and Kevin Olmstead). Yesterday I took the Webers up to Little Oak Island and it is still smoking hot right now…if you can get up there, you will catch fish. We were using hammered gold spinners with crawlers as bait. When fishing up at Little Oak Island, you will want to be on either the east or west side in about 18 to 22 feet of water. Also, when the wind dissipates keep Morris Point in front of the washout and the west side of Pine Island the fish are still biting like crazy on the hammered gold spinners and crawlers. Tom and Billy have been heading out into the big water in about 32 to 36 feet of water in the mud and anchoring and jigging. Their approximate location is about 5 miles north of Long Point towards Garden Island and approximately 7 miles north of Morris Point. They have been having success using Pink/Gold, Chartreuse/Orange and Chartreuse/Pink Jigs with frozen shiners as bait. Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

Today my “shout out” will go out to two of the Wigwam Resort Guests, the Webers (Howard and David). As I alluded to in the first paragraph, I was able to take these fine gentlemen fishing yesterday. I hope that all their expectations were exceeded during the fishing trip with myself and also while they both stayed with us at the Wigwam Resort. They are both gourmet chefs (Howard is the Italian chef and David is the French chef) and I had to cook them breakfast, lunch and dinner the past few days. They are still with us, so my cooking can’t be that bad and they even complimented me. I want to personally thank them for the compliments, and also, for giving the Wigwam Resort the opportunity to have them as our guest…thank you guys…I look forward to seeing you next summer!

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment