Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Warmer Weather Is On Its Way...YES!!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Today we’ve had good weather early, but right now it’s currently raining. Today I was able to go out fishing for about an hour between 12 pm and 1 pm and caught about 12 fish. The fishing is still hot on Lake of the Woods. If you are waiting for a good time to fish Lake of the Woods, don’t wait any longer, the time for catching Walleye is now! Don’t let the drive turn you off…go to where the fish are at…Lake of the Woods! Call us today at the Wigwam Resort (800) 448-9260 and let us put you on the fish!

Daily Fishing Report: Today we have had showers early and we should have clearing overnight, low 43F with winds NW at 5 to 10 mph with a 30% chance of rain. Tomorrow we will have intervals of clouds and sunshine, high 64F with winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night we will have partly cloudy skies, low 46F with winds light and variable. Today’s fishing information will come from me first hand. I have been having my best success in front of Zipple Bay, north of the green marker in about 25 feet of water and on the northwest side of Pine Island in 16 feet of water, and finally, 4 miles northwest of Lighthouse Gap in 32 feet of water. When you get the chance to get out that way you will want to be fishing with Pink/Purple/Gold & Pink/Gold (my personal favorite) jigs with frozen shiners. Another place where I’m having success is out about ¼ mile from Lighthouse Gap, out in the bigger water, in 20 to 22 feet, fishing with the same lures and bait. The fishing is still phenomenal. The biggest advice that I can give at this time is make sure you are anchored! I have been having success and so have others using that method. People last night were trying to troll all around me and they weren’t catching fish, even as I was bringing them in one right after another. People were getting so close to me that 2 people hooked their lures on my anchor line. Again, they weren’t catching fish and were 10 yards away from me! Make sure you’re on the bottom, because that’s where the fish are at! Good Luck and Happy Fishing!

My shout out today will go to Ralph Gordon. I had the pleasure of guiding Ralph on Tuesday and wanted to thank him the great time. Ralph was an excellent fishing partner and taught the guide a few things, which I will hopefully master down the road. Ralph is from Kansas City, Kansas and made the drive up here by himself to fish our unbelievable fishery. He has been coming to this area for years, but this was his first time staying with us at the Wigwam Resort and I hope that we exceeded all of his expectations. Ralph, I hope to see you back before the end of the summer…I wish you the best of luck with everything and will be waiting for your return.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment