Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Finally, Summer is Here on Lake of the Woods

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Sorry about being absent the past few days…I have been feeling a little under the weather, but I’m feeling better now. I had to ask Tom Briggs this morning how the past two days have been fishing, and he said, “just as good as it was two days ago”. The fishing has been very good this summer on Lake of the Woods, everyone at the Wigwam Resort, feels very fortunate. I have been preaching the success of Lake of the Woods this summer, but there are still millions of you who need to visit us up here and check it out first hand. The weather just last weekend started to make itself known…I for one am happy about that. It looks as if we’ll be seeing plenty of nicer weather in the future, which is if the meteorologists are on…I hope they are.

I hope that everyone was able to enjoy Father’s Day this past Sunday. It is always a time for remembering and making new memories for me and my family…I wish that it was enjoyable for you and yours also. This weekend the Wigwam Resort will be hosting the Summer North Star Fishing Classic at the Wigwam Resort on Saturday (Sunday if needed for weather). We also will be having Poor Boys back for another weekend…don’t miss out as they “Rock the Wigwam” this Friday and Saturday from 9 till close.

Daily Fishing Report: Today’s weather forecast will look like this, sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds, high 79F with winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms overnight, low 58F with winds SW at 10 to 15 mph…there will be a 30% chance of rain. Tomorrow we will have isolated thunderstorms in the morning with Lots of sunshine late. It will be warm, high 84F with winds W at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 30% chance of rain. Tomorrow night will be clear skies, low 61F with winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Today’s fishing report will come from our guides. We all have been having my success out about 3 miles from Morris Gap in about 30 feet of water. We have been anchoring and jigging with frozen shiners. Another place where one of my guests had some success, was trolling spinners on the west side of Pine Island, using hammered gold spinners, you can use frozen or live bait, minnows or crawlers. Graceton Reef may be another spot to keep on your radar. I have been having some good success trolling and jigging with Pink and Gold Jigs with frozen emerald shiners as bait. We need the sun to warm up the rocks a bit more, but it’s still fishing well. Just a little FYI – Graceton Reef will be good, but bring extra tackle…there are a ton of rocks and you will get snagged up a couple times if you’re fishing over there. This weekend I was able to make it to Garden Island and I was having success in 18 to 20 feet of water on either side (East or West). Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods. On a side note, I have been marking some fish with my graph that are elevated…so we might not be to far off from down rigging.

My shout out today will go to all of our new and past guests. We appreciate the great comments you guys are making and, we at the Wigwam Resort, will make sure that your stay next time is just as good, if not better, than is was this go around. I’m so happy to be able to share your comments with my staff, just seeing their faces light up makes all the difference. I just wanted to thank you again for all of your kind words and I hope that we are exceeding expectations, here at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment