Monday, June 1, 2009

I Want Summer and I Want It Now!!!!

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. The weather today has been gorgeous, very little wind and temps in the mid 60s, but I feel like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum…I want warmer weather now!

I want to spill the beans on something big that will be happening at the Wigwam Resort this summer, but I’ve been sworn to secrecy until we make the announcement on our website next week. I just want to let everyone know that this has never happened before and we may have a very famous guest guiding for us, for up to three weeks this summer…he will only be available through the Wigwam Resort. I hope I can contain my excitement for the next week while we crunch through the details. All I can say is he is in the Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame and has been on nationally syndicated fishing shows for over 20 years…he’s most definitely a heck of a fisherman!

Daily Fishing Report: Tonight we are supposed to have an overcast sky with rain showers at times, but from my window right now that doesn’t seem to be the case. Regardless, there should be a low 43F, with the winds from the SW shifting to NW at 10 to 15 mph. There will be a 40% chance of rain. Tomorrow will bring us some sunshine along with some cloudy intervals during the day with a high near 60F. Winds will be from the NNW at 10 to 20 mph. For your evening fishermen/women tomorrow night will be clear skies with a low 37F. Winds will be from the NW at 10 to 15 mph. I have been able to get out more the past few days than initially expected so the information you are about to get is first hand. I have been out on the big water about ¾ or a mile out from Lighthouse Gap in the mud fishing at the depth of 32 feet. I am fishing with Pink & White jigs with frozen shiners. The fishing has been phenomenal. Lighthouse Gap is still producing in about 14 to 18 feet of water. I’ve been having great success casting out into the current and jigging back to the boat against the current with my trusty Pink jig with a frozen shiner. Once again, make sure you’re on the bottom, because that’s where the fish are at! Good Luck and Happy Fishing!

My shout out today will go to my little niece Lydia. It was great fishing with you this past weekend…Lydia you are truly a trooper…I love that about you. Lydia wanted to go fishing with her Dad and uncle so bad, she fought through a little motion sickness and toughed it out on the big water. She is really a special girl and will always be my little niece that out fished her Dad and uncle with the snoopy rod…ha ha. I can’t wait to take you out next time!

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment