Monday, June 8, 2009

Lake of the Woods is a Huge Walleye Hangout

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Today we have had nothing but rain, but once again, it hasn’t hindered the fishing. That has still been phenomenal. The word on the street is that we should be seeing better weather as the week goes on. Last night I went out with my dog and 4 dozen frozen emerald shiners and got into the Walleye. In a 4 hour time frame from 2 to 6 pm I was able to land over 40 Walleye…2 of which were in the slot (22” and 27”) and one exceeded it (29”). I had to share the pictures I took with my camera phone last night with a number of friends. I felt as if it were like Christmas every time I set the hook! If you are waiting for a good time to fish Lake of the Woods, don’t wait any longer…the time for catching Walleye is now! Don’t let the drive turn you off…go to where the fish are at…Lake of the Woods! Call us today at the Wigwam Resort (800) 448-9260 and let us put you on the fish!

Daily Fishing Report: Tonight we will have showers this evening becoming less numerous overnight, low around 45F with winds S at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 60% chance of rain. Tomorrow will be cloudy, high around 60F with winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night will be cloudy with showers; low near 45F with winds NW at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 50% chance of rain. Today’s fishing information will come from me first hand. I have been having my best success in front of Zipple Bay, north of the green marker in about 25 feet of water and on the northwest side of Pine Island in 16 feet of water. When you get the chance to get out that way you will want to be fishing with Pink/Purple/Gold & Pink/Gold (my personal favorite) jigs with frozen shiners. Another place where I’m having success is out about ¼ mile from Lighthouse Gap, out in the bigger water, in 20 to 22 feet, fishing with the same lures and bait. Lighthouse Gap is still producing in about 14 to 18 feet of water, but is slowing a bit. The fishing is still phenomenal. The biggest advice that I can give at this time is make sure you are anchored! I have been having success and so have others using that method. People last night were trying to troll all around me and they weren’t catching fish, even as I was bringing them in one right after another. People were getting so close to me that 2 people hooked their lures on my anchor line. Again, they weren’t catching fish and were 10 yards away from me! Make sure you’re on the bottom, because that’s where the fish are at! Good Luck and Happy Fishing!

My shout out today will go to Tom and Melanie Greer of Hibbing, MN. They gave me the pleasure of letting me guide them on Lake of the Woods last weekend and we had a blast. I just wanted to thank them for giving myself, and the Wigwam Resort, the opportunity to take them fishing. Tom is a General Contractor and Melanie is currently opening a Herbalife store in Hibbing, MN. If you’re interested in learning more about Herbalife, please call Melanie at (218) 969-0167. Thank you both again and we are looking forward to your return.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment