Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Sturgeon Excursion is Right Around the Corner

Good morning to all!!!!

Well we are finally getting some warm weather to break up most of the ice on Rainy River, but there is still about 50 yards of ice left from the Wigwam docks to the open water in Four Mile Bay. The public access ramp is fully open at Wheelers Point, so if you have a floating trailer, you welcome to come on down and drop it in.

Sturgeon season is still another 8 days away, but I know that people are catching and releasing some nice fish out in Four Mile Bay (right in front of the Wigwam) and in Rainy River. The word on the street is that those who are out fishing are experiencing tremendous success. I can hear the hooping and hollering all the way in my office…the boats are about 300 yards away from our docks and it sounds like they are having a blast. There are some good size to the “swimming dinosaurs” this year also…per the local talent. So get your pole, circle hook and a big gob of crawlers and lets catch some STURGEON!

I am getting more and more phone calls looking for rooms, but as I stated earlier this week, “the Wigwam Resort is completely booked for the Sturgeon Excursion”. My friend Brian K. with IDOfishing.com and the rest of their staff have totally out done themselves this year. They are expecting a record number of anglers…this is going to be a blast. If you haven’t made your reservations for next year, I would highly suggest doing it as quickly as possible. The Sturgeon Excursion is now a yearly cornerstone event on Rainy River and Lake of the Woods, and people are already booking a year in advance. You may be asking yourself why? I’ll tell you why…they want to be at the Wigwam where all the events will be held and where the fun is at! We can only hold 130 people (for now) and more and more Sturgeon fisherman are starting to emerge out of the woodwork. Don’t put it off another day; get your room/cabin reserved for next year right now, we are already starting to take the reservations!

If you are the person that puts fishing trips together for groups of 10 or more…I think you should be taken care of. Give me a call at the Wigwam Resort (800) 448-9260 and I will let you know what I mean. You won’t mind putting together that trip next time, only if you know you’re going to the Wigwam. We want to hook you up!

My shout out today will go to my Mom. I feel like I’m playing hockey again and the camera is coming over and I want to say hi to the entire family, but I think to myself about the one person that was the glue, my mom, and that is why I will say, Hi Mom! I just learned that my mother will be able to spend the summer with us kids, in northern Minnesota this summer, and I am truly excited. This is the first time our family will be in the same area together in roughly 17 years. I can’t wait for the home cooked meals…getting my fridge stacked with goodies on a weekly basis…the laundry being done…the dishes getting done, ha ha Mom, I’m just kidding. We are so happy to have you come home and be with all of us this summer; we want this to be your summer of relaxation. You have been working so hard, for so long, we want you to just sit back and relax. I want to take you fishing with me as much as possible, or just ride in the boat and kick your feet back and watch me do some fishing…ha ha. Love you and can’t wait to see you in June!

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment