Friday, April 17, 2009

It's A Great Day For Fishing!!!!





Good morning to all!

I have been asked by a number of people throughout the week; what is the weather going to be like this weekend? Well, I have followed weather.com very diligently, and per their flipping of the coin, we were supposed to have rainy days Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As of 8 am this morning and I have pictures it was overcast and cloudy, now as of 10 am Friday April 17, 2009, all is see is sun and no clouds. I know there is a massive weather system heading this way though, so I will have to update you on Saturday, as she comes tomorrow, and subsequently, Sunday as she comes on Sunday. I wish I could predict the weather; I’d have everyone following the Wigwam Fisherman Blog…ha ha.

On a daily basis now I have been informing the readers that there are plenty of boats out in front of the Wigwam in Four Mile Bay…today I have the proof. Also I wanted to give you an update on the local public ramp…it is first come first serve and there was plenty of action over there this morning as I drove by.

On a Wigwam note; as stated yesterday we are jam packed for the Sturgeon Excursion this year and are starting to fill up for next year, so if you want to be where the action is at, don’t hesitate and miss out, call our office and book your trip today. Also, I am looking for the fisherman trip planners; I want to do something special for the guys that carry the burden of putting the trips together. If your wondering what I’m talking about, please give me a call at the Wigwam Resort (800) 448-9260 and I will lay it out for you. Let’s just say you will want to set the hook right when I tell you about it.

We are 3 weeks to the day away from the opener of fishing season May 8Th, and I can’t wait. We are starting to put together bus trips from all over the country, and the Wigwam Resort is back on the map for summer fishing! I have people coming in from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and let’s not forget all of our interstate travelers, the boys and girls from Minnesota. They are all looking to experience our northern Minnesota hospitality, magnificent fishing, and refreshing night life. This is your vacation; we want to treat you as such. I am excited to show everyone what we have to offer at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Wood, in my opinion, the best fishing in the world!

Finally, my shout out today will go to a great guy I met a couple weeks ago, while playing in an alumni hockey game with my old Penguins team in PA. For you that have seen the movie “Slap Shot”, you will be familiar with the phrase, “We want the Hanson’s”. They are all fellow Minnesotans and will always have a place in my boat. I hope to see you a couple times this summer when you’re passing through, and as I told you, we will catch a lot of fish and tell a lot of great stories, fishing and hockey.

Happy fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman, aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment