Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Great Guests, Great Fishing, and Beautiful Weather Accentuated the Wigwam Resort’s 19th Annual Beach Bash on Lake of the Woods

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. I wanted to start off by thanking everyone who blessed us with their presence this weekend at the Wigwam Resort to celebrate our 19th Annual Beach Bash. The day started off a little shaky with the weather, but by 11 AM the clouds started to dissipate and there was nothing but blue skies for as far as the eye could see. We sold 600 plus wrist bands, and that didn’t include the 150 guests we had staying with us between the lodge, cabins, RV Park and campground…we couldn’t have asked for anything more. I also wanted to thank all the volunteers, and staff for their hard work throughout the day and night. They provided great service for all the guests, and they were complimented on a regular basis…thanks again!

The Wigwam Resort’s 19th Annual Beach Bash allowed us once again to provide a little outdoor fun and activates to the guests of our resort, guests of other resorts in the area, and our local community. Tom and Nina have already started talking about the 20th Annual and what we can do to make it better next year. A large number of guest from this weekend have already booked for next years Beach Bash, which will be held on July 9th, 2011. Many of them have also already started to book their favorite launch drivers, to ensure they get with the captain of their choice. Where I’m going with this is, don’t wait to long to book for your trip during the Wigwam Resort 20th Annual Beach Bash.

As many of you probably know, Lake of the Woods is on fire right now. The Walleye bite as never been better on a consistent basis. Lake of the Woods is spoiling people each and everyday, so if you’re on the fence about taking that trip to God’s Country, tip off that fence and head up north to “The Walleye Capitol of the World”…you won’t be disappointed. The tantalizing effect of setting the hook never gets old, I for one can attest to that. Remember, the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods is Paradise without the Passport…come be our guest.

If you haven’t become a fan of the Wigwam Resort-low on Facebook, what are you waiting for? I’m posting on there daily and have found it a great way to communicate with everyone on a regular basis. I will be posting all of our weekly meal specials and drink specials on there also. Take advantage of Facebook and everything it allows you to do. We look forward to having you as our friends on Facebook. Also, we have just received a new stock of hats (seen pictured here). If you’d like to have the new Wigwam hat, and you don’t think you’ll be able to get back to see us soon, just give us a call and you can purchase the Wigwam hat over the phone (800) 448-9260. We will package and mail your order promptly.

Announcements…If you’re looking for some great fishing and lodging deals, check out the July Specials we will be offering on our website www.wigwamresortlow.com. We are running a Super Summer Special for the balance of the summer, until September 1st. Tom would like to celebrate his 12th year of ownership, and help more people experience Lake of the Woods, by offering $25.00 per person, per night lodging in our lodge every day (midweek & weekend). We would also like to offer $25.00 per person, per night lodging in our cabins, midweek only (Sunday night – Wednesday night) some restrictions will apply to minimum numbers of guest per cabin. Each lodging charge is subject to applicable federal, state and local sales tax. Applicable to new reservations only. I also wanted to tell you all about our Veterans and Armed Forces Special, which we have running 365 days a year. Wigwam Resort gives Veterans and our currently enlisted Armed Forces a 10% discount on any package plus whatever specials we are giving. We want to thank you all for your service…God Bless America!

If you’re looking for an affordable vacation this summer, at a first class fishing resort, you’ve just found it! For additional information, please call one of our knowledgeable staff members at (800) 448-9260, and start your journey to the “Walleye Capitol of the World”!

Today’s “Quote of the Day”…”Plenty of people miss their share of happiness. Not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather. Jody clips out and puts “Quotes of the Day” in an envelope for me as she runs across them every once and while, and yesterday I started to give them a look. There were plenty of good ones, which I will use down the road, but this one in particular stuck out like a sore thumb. 5 years ago while I was working 60 hours a week and attending law school, this was me. I was going through my life not stopping for an instant to smell the roses and I missed out on so much. Today knowing what I know from personal experience and life lessons, I can honestly say that I let ambition run my life. Not that that’s bad thing, but as of today I think I would have slowed down and enjoyed the experience a little bit more. It’s easier today to look back and say that I could have done it different, but in the heat of life, we all make decisions that sometimes we regret. Today I take a little extra time out of my day to enjoy my life, my surroundings and especially all my great company as I journey through life. The message I wish to give you today is, slow down, enjoy, be thankful of what you have, and be happy for it, the rest will take care of itself…God Bless.

Daily Fishing Report: Tonight will be mainly clear skies, low 53F with winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow should be partly cloudy, high 79F with winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night we should have partly cloudy skies early will give way to showers and a possible thunderstorm later in the night, low around 60F with winds SE at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 60% chance of rain. Friday we should have showers and a few thunderstorms likely, high 73F with winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 60% chance of rain. Saturday should be cloudy with showers and thunderstorms, highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s. Sunday we should have a few clouds, highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s. Today’s fishing report will be provided by Billy “The Sniper” Kloos, Kevin "Tall Tale" Olmstead, and Shane “Wiggles”. The fish are still thick in the bowl, in 33 -34 feet of water from Lighthouse Gap to Long Point. This past weekend and week our guys have been drifting pulling hammered gold spinners with crawlers as bait and long lining and down rigging the Rapalas. There hasn’t been one day they haven’t come in without their limit of Walleye. In years past this used to be the dog days of summer, but for some odd reason this summer, the Walleyes haven’t stopped biting. We haven’t been anchoring and jigging for the past week. I’m going out fishing tomorrow for a couple hours with some repeat guests to see how we fair. I think that we’ll try and pull the spinners tomorrow morning with the light wind, and then later on we’ll pull the Rapalas…I love it! When fishing in deep water (30’ – 34’) I travel about 2.25-2.75 MPH and let out about 125-150 feet of line with TD-11 Rapalas and Reef Runners. This is one of my favorite ways to fish for “Big Walleye” on Lake of the Woods. Be sure to be hanging on, because when they hit you better be ready for a good fight. You can purchase your Jigs, Frozen Shiners, Spinners, Crawlers, and Rapalas from the same place that I get mine, Log Cabin Bait, which is about ¾ of a mile south of the Wigwam on 172. I must state this again, in my 18 years of fishing Lake of the Woods; I’ve never seen the fishing this good on such a consistent basis. Don’t wait too long to make your plans to visit us, because you never know how long it will last…I hope forever! Keep checking out the fishing report…I’ll give you all the hard facts as soon as I find out where they’re hiding next. Good luck and Happy Fishing to all! Thanks for fishing with us and visiting with us at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods.

My shout out today will go out to my Grandpa and Grandma (Hanson and Marion Day) in Lake Havasu, AZ, whom my brother and I are going to visit this weekend. I haven’t seen them in about 15 years and their health is deteriorating quickly. I can’t wait to see you guys, and Ryan and I look forward to spending the next few days with you. See you soon and I love you Grandpa and Grandma…God Bless!

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
www.wigwamresortlow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment