Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Windy Conditions Cannot Stop the Bite for the Mighty Walleye and Northern of Lake of the Woods

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. This past weekend and week has flown by and I don’t know if I’m coming or going, haha. No seriously, it has been a great time and I’ve loved every second of it. In the past 6 days I’ve fished ever single day. I just wanted to thank the Brian Skone Crew, Jody,her cousins and former classmates, Brian Hartman, and the Cary Becker Crew for giving me the pleasure of sharing the boat with them.

Yesterday with Brian “Shrek” Hartman, I was blessed with a pig of a northern, the biggest of my life. It was awesome and a day I will remember this day for the rest of my life. Thanks for all the help Shrek and I look forward to fishing and hunting with you again in a few weeks.

This past Saturday and Sunday the 12th Annual North Star Fall Walleye Classic was held and congratulations must go to Terry Wiczek and Les Morrison. They pulled in with prize money and door prizes over $4,000.00, that’s an awesome day! Total tournament information will be posted on our website. We are excited about next year all ready. There will also be a couple more changes to enhance the tournament. This is a great event and should be enjoyed by the whole family. We look forward to planning the next event and look forward to seeing you all there.

Tomorrow will start the MTT Championship on Lake of the Woods. The 75 team field is filled with the top qualifiers and this is an invite only tourney for a $35,000 top prize. I have been able to meet a great number of these competitors and they’re all great guys who love to fish. Tom is the defending champion with Rick Amundson and they are looking to repeat…I wish them the best of luck. Come see all the action and then come pick their brains for some great fishing info at the Wigwam Resort each night.

If you haven’t become a fan of the Wigwam Resort-low on Facebook, what are you waiting for? I’m posting on there daily and have found it a great way to communicate with everyone on a regular basis. I will be posting all of our weekly meal specials and drink specials on there also. Take advantage of Facebook and everything it allows you to do. We look forward to having you as our friends on Facebook. Also, we have just received a new stock of hats (seen pictured here). If you’d like to have the new Wigwam hat, and don’t think you’ll be able to get back to see us soon, just give us a call and you can purchase the Wigwam hat over the phone (800) 448-9260. We will package and mail your order promptly.

Announcements…If you’re looking for some great fishing and lodging deals, check out the September Specials we will be offering on our website www.wigwamresortlow.com. We are running a Fall Special. The Special will be as follows: $35 per person per night lodging in the lodge or cabins (restrictions will apply with number of people in cabins) and $90 per person per day for a full day of full service guided launch service and $65 per person per day for a half day of full service guided launch service. Each lodging charge is subject to applicable federal, state and local sales tax. Applicable to new reservations only. I also wanted to tell you all about our Veterans and Armed Forces Special, which we have running 365 days a year. Wigwam Resort gives Veterans and our currently enlisted Armed Forces a 10% discount on any package plus whatever specials we are giving. We want to thank you all for your service…God Bless America!

If you’re looking for an affordable vacation this summer, at a first class fishing resort, you’ve just found it! For additional information, please call one of our knowledgeable staff members at (800) 448-9260, and start your journey to the “Walleye Capitol of the World”!

Today’s “Quote of the Day”…”Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions.” - Albert Einstein. I’ve used quotes by Mr. Albert Einstein before, but I think this one must rank as one of his most wise. Life can resemble your imagination with a passion. We are all born with an imagination and the passion to make that imagination reality. I meet people every week that do what they love to do, no matter what it is. I think I’ve got an awesome job, that’s because I love what I do. That may not have been the case a few years ago. I hadn’t ever truly harnessed my passion for what I truly imagined until a few years ago. I waited so long and wish I would have done it sooner, but it is what it is and I can’t change the past. I hope that everyone that has an imagination (everyone), use their God given passion to grab and make their imagination reality…God Bless.

Daily Fishing Report: Tonight we should see rain showers this evening with overcast skies overnight, low 43F with winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 50% chance of rain. Tomorrow we should have cloudy skies early with a few showers developing later in the day, high 56F with winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph…there will be a 40% chance of rain. Tomorrow night should be cloudy with occasional rain showers, low 44F with winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph…there will be a 50% chance of rain. Friday we should have a shower or two possible early with partly cloudy skies in the afternoon, high 61F with winds N at 5 to 10 mph…there will be a 30% chance of rain. Saturday we should have showers ending by midday, highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 40s. Sunday we should have clouds giving way to sun, highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s. Today’s fishing report will be provided by me and Billy “The Sniper” Kloos. The past few days we’ve been spending our time over north of Zipple Bay in 29 -32 feet of water. We’ve been anchored and jigging those frozen shiners. The past few days it was orange, chartreuse and gold, today it was pink white and gold. I also heard through the grapevine that it might be good to have some crawlers with you also. I haven’t personally used them, but the info was from a great source. Yesterday I started the day off with Brian “Shrek” Hartman and we were pulling plugs in 20 feet of water out in front of Zipple Bay. The wind was up so we tried something closer to shore. Within the first ten minutes I thought I had a snag, but it was just a 41” slimmer…it was awesome!! If you can’t make it to Lake of the Wood this week, make sure you’re here next week. The Shiners haven’t started their run, but as soon as they do I’ll let you know. You can purchase your Jigs, Frozen Shiners, Rapalas and Reef Runners from the same place that I get mine, Log Cabin Bait and Tackle, which is about ¾ of a mile south of the Wigwam on 172. I must state this again, in my 18 years of fishing Lake of the Woods; I’ve never seen the fishing this good on such a consistent basis. Don’t wait too long to make your plans to visit us, because you never know how long it will last. Keep checking out the fishing report, and I’ll give you all the hard facts as soon as I find out where they’re hiding next. Good luck and Happy Fishing to all! Thanks for fishing with us and visiting with us at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods.

My shout out today will go to all the guests that visited us this past weekend and week. We made many new friends this weekend and I’m glad to have met each and every one of you. Thanks for giving the Wigwam Resort the opportunity to show you around our back yard, Lake of the Woods.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
www.wigwamresortlow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment