Thursday, April 22, 2010

All the Elements are in Line for a Perfect Weekend of Sturgeon Fishing for the 2010 In Depth Outdoors Sturgeon Excursion on Rainy River and LOW

Good morning to all!

Welcome to another edition of the Wigwam Fisherman’s Blog. Well I just got back from a little excursion of my own up north of the border, and boy we sure had some fun. On Tuesday I headed up north with Tom and some friends to do a little Crappie fishing, but as we found out it’s just a little to early for the Crappie bite. We did manage to find some great Perch holes though, and I just happened to catch the BIGGEST PERCH I HAVE EVER CAUGHT…it was so awesome. As soon as I set the hook I thought that I had a Walleye, because of the head shaking that was going on, but when I saw it, the blood started pumping just a little bit quicker. I should have taken some measurements and gotten it mounted, but I guess that just means I’ll have to go catch myself a couple more…I hope :).

Some of the IDO guys have been here for the past few days, and from the sounds of things, they have been very happy with the Sturgeon fishing in Lighthouse Gap, Four Mile Bay and Rainy River. Tonight we should be seeing a few more of the guys, and then tomorrow we will see the balance…let the festivities begin!

ATTENTION STURGEON FISHERMAN!!!! I want to remind everyone that Sturgeon Fishing Season is here, and the Wigwam Resort will be hosting one more event for Sturgeon enthusiasts this April. There are only a few rooms left available for the In Depth Outdoors Sturgeon Excursion April 23rd & 24th. We will be having a fish fry Friday 23rd and Roast Beef Buffet on Saturday 24th…everyone is welcome to participate…the more the merrier. Also, don’t forget about the GUIDED STURGEON FISHING TRIPS offered at the Wigwam Resort this Spring. For more information, please see the Spring Fishing page on our website (www.wigwamresortlow.com), or contact one of our helpful staff members @ (800) 448-9260. If you’ve been waiting to fish Sturgeon this is the perfect time of year to do it…there will be plenty of people to help you find out all the secrets to a successful Sturgeon fishing trip. See you all at the Wigwam!

Today’s “Quote of the Day”…”The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.” – Solomon Ibn Gabriol. Wow, that’s “Wisdom” in a nut shell. I have been very fortunate in my short life to be associated with some wise individuals, and this is exactly what they preached, day in and day out. Since a young age, my Father always told me to keep my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open if I wanted to ever learn anything…who said parents don’t know anything…haha. Now I find myself learning new and exciting things each and everyday in the real world by obeying his words. I am so thankful that I had such a wise teacher. Each and everyday people have the opportunity to gain wisdom, whether it be at work, home, on the lake, or anywhere. After seeing this written out, it looks so easy, but we all try to make things as difficult as possible some times, even me. I firmly believe that we all have “Wisdom”, and for us to spread our “Wisdom” we must teach others. I will be the first to tell you that I don’t know everything, but I do know a little about fishing Lake of the Woods and I hope that I can pass a little of that knowledge on to you, and make this world a better place…God Bless.

Announcements…Tami and the Bachelor will be the live entertainment this coming weekend, April 23rd & 24th. We have dropped all of our lodging prices to our Spring Special price of $35 per person per night till the Walleye Opener on May 15th. If you’re looking for some great fishing and lodging deals, check out the April specials we will be offering on our website http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/. We plan to run an April special that will give you a discount on packages purchased for May 2010. The specials will only last through the rest of April…you can’t beat them!

Daily Fishing Report: Today will be sunny, high 68F with winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight will be mainly clear, low 34F with winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow should be mainly sunny and warm; high 73F with winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night should be partly cloudy, low 39F with winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Saturday should be mostly cloudy with highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 40s. Sunday should be partly cloudy, highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 30s. Monday we should have a mix of sun and clouds, highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 30s. Today’s fishing report will come from me and some local fisherman, and will be no different from the last posting. If you’re a Sturgeon fisherman there are only a few places you’ll want to be for the next week or two, that’s in Lighthouse Gap, Four Mile Bay and the Rainy River down to Wabanica Church. Everyone’s catching Sturgeon out there right now in good numbers, and there are also some BIG STURGEON being caught…plenty of them being 60” plus. All you need is your heavy duty pole, 50 lb test line, 3 oz sinker, a 1’ – 2’ mono leader, a circle hook and a gob of crawlers, and you’re in business! Good luck and Happy Fishing to all! Thanks for fishing with us and visiting with us at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods.

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Wigwam Fisherman aka Jean-Paul Tessier
Wigwam Resort
http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment